Applications are Invited for admission to the following undergraduate(C.B.C.S.) Programmes for the year 2019-2020
BAKER COLLEGE FOR WOMEN OFFERS THE FOLLOWING DEGREE PROGRAMMES
B.Com (Model II) – Finance and Taxation
B.Com(Model II)-Computer Application
Bachelor of Computer Applications(B.C.A)
B.Com(Model I)-Finance and Taxation
B. Sc – Mathematics
1.Candidates should register for admissions to U.G courses for the academic year-2019-20 online on or before the last date stipulated in the admission schedule.
2.Online registration can be made by accessing website cap.mgu.ac.in
3.Students seeking admission to this college in the management seats should apply in the prescribed form and the application number under CAP should be specified in the prescribed form issued by the college.
4. 50% of the seats are filled through the centralized allotment program of the Mahatma Gandhi University. Applicants can exercise online option of Baker College for Women at the university admission portal
5.SC,ST Students are eligible for semester fee exemption,if admission is secured through CAP to B.Com/B.Sc.
6.OEC/SC/ST Students admitted to B.C.A through CAP are also eligible for semester fee exemption
7. Enquiries about applications already submitted should quote the Register Number of the application.
8. The Principal reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant without citing any reason.
9. The candidates selected for admission should produce the following documents at the time of interview.
(1). Mark List – S.S.L.C & +2.
(3).Migration Certificate in the case of students from other universities and Boards except State Board.
(4). Character Certificate from the head of the institution last attended.
(5). Community Certificate in the case of S.C./S.T./OEC Students.
(6).Eligibility Certificate from M.G. University:- for applicants outside Kerala.
(7).Two passport size photographs.
Note: Certificates once submitted will not be returned to the students during the course except when leaving the college. Students are therefore advised for their own interest, to keep true copies of the certificates with them before submitting them for application.
10. If a student who joins the course decides to drop out from the course she shall be liable to pay the entire semester fee.
11. Anti Ragging Cell. Ragging is strictly prohibited in the campus. An Anti Ragging Cell is functioning in the college. Any complaint related to ragging of any kind can be brought to the notice of the cell/Principal. Those who indulge in any kind of ragging will be given punishment in accordance with the rules stipulated by the University/Govt.
12. All sort of political activities are banned in the college.
Eligibility For B.Com: Pass in Plus Two or equivalent examination recognized by this University with Book-Keeping and Accountancy and any two of the following subjects, viz., (1) Commerce (2) Commercial Correspondence and Commercial Geography (3) Economics (4) Life Insurance with Salesmanship (5) Banking with Secretarial Practice (6) Business Studies (7) Mathematics (8) Computer Science/ Computer applications (9) Informatics Practice& Management , (10) Informatics Practice , (11) Management, (12) Accountancy as optional under Part III of the Examination.
Have passed Plus Two or equivalent examination recognized by this University with other subjects under Part III optional subjects provided they have secured 45% of the aggregate marks.
Eligibility For B.C.A: Candidates shall be required to have passed the Plus Two or equivalent examinations in science stream with Mathematics/ Computer science /Informatics Practices as optional.
Eligibility For B.Sc Mathematics: Candidates shall be required to have passed the Plus Two or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the optional subjects or Mathematics as one of the subjects in Commerce group.
50% of the seats come under the ambit of Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) of the MG University.The remaining 50% seats are open for admission by the management.